Profhilo is a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based product. It is described as a ‘skin booster’, as it causes our bodies to produce collegen and elastin. These compounds volumize and hydrate our skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
It is comprised of two elements. Low molecular weight HA and high molecular weight HA. Low molecular weight HA, released slowly into the skin, stimulates a hydrating effect. High molecular weight HA, released slowly into the skin, stimulates a tightening effect. Both compounds disperse across the entire treatment area of the face, resulting in a more generalized improvement, than when using dermal fillers. It is perfect for people who want an overall improvement, without using high volumes of dermal filler products.
Does it hurt & when will I see results?
Everybody has a slightly different experience due to skin thickness; pain threshold and areas being treated but, in general, these treatments are almost completely painless; a small pinch is the extent of the discomfort.
A numbing agent will be rubbed into the skin to ensure a comfortable experience for the client. The treatment itself also contains a numbing agent to add to this effect. First-time clients might find the sensation unusual but not painful
Profhilo stays in the skin for 28 days. During this time it stimulates the production of elastin and collagen. After 28 days the results of your treatment will be assessed by you and your doctor. Some people opt for a second course of treatment at this stage, to obtain an optimal result.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- You may experience some swelling and bruising the day after your procedure. This is completely normal and will subside in 5-7 days. Avoiding alcohol and the 24 hours before and after your treatment will help to limit this.
- Avoid heavy makeup or unnecessarily touching the area for 6 hours to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid Vitamin C, Retinol, AHA and BHA skincare products for 24 hours after treatment, to give your treatment time to settle.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area for 24 hours to reduce the chance of the treatment moving.
- Keep upright for 4 hours to reduce the chance of the treatment moving to unintended areas.
- Avoid strenuous exercise such as weight-training or cross-fit for 24 hours as it can occasionally cause the treatment to move to unintended areas.
- Avoid saunas, jacuzzies or hot baths for 24 hours after the procedure as the heat can result in treatment migration.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption as it can increase the risk of bruising.
- Don’t sleep on the treated area the night following your treatment.
Profhilo treatments can be tailored to each individual. The standard treatment is 5 small injections on each side of the face. The location of these injections can be adjusted to each persons requirements. (i.e targetting smokers lines over nasolabial folds, or lateral cheek over midcheek)
Check out our Packages and Special Offers section or book a Free Consultation now to find the treatment that is right for you!
Profhilo is great for facial rejuvenation, but it is also highly effective in other areas such as: