What are MINT PDO Threads?
‘MINT PDO stands for Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Thread (Polydioxanone) threads that are biodegradable sutures made of a synthetic material that dissolve over time.
They are commonly used in medical aesthetics, specifically for non-surgical facial and body contouring procedures.
They have the highest tensile strength available in the market to anchor onto sagging tissue for instant and natural rejuvenation.
The procedure should only be performed by licensed and trained medical professionals like our experts here at LumaDoc!
What to expect from your procedure?
- Your LumaDoc doctor will come to your house at the time of your appointment.
- They will assess your face and explain the treatment to you.
- Once they have explained the treatment to you, you will be asked to sign a consent form.
- The treatment area will be injected with lidocaine, to ensure your comfort.
- The threads will be inserted by your doctor in a 20 minute procedure!
- Results last for 1-2 years.
What are the potential side effects?
Side effects are rare, but on occasion do occur.
- Bruising is the most common side effect and usually lasts 2-5 days if it occurs.
- Swelling can occur and usually lasts 2-5 days.
- Tenderness at the site of insertion can occur and may last 1-2 weeks.
- Infection is very rare, but may need to be treated with antibiotics if it occurs.
- There are a few very rare side effects, such as nerve impingement, thread visibility and prolonged tenderness. These can be mitigated by attending an experienced physician.
What is the Aftercare for MINT PDO threads?
- MINT PDO threads require little to no downtime!
- Ice the treatment area to minimise bruising and swelling.
- Restrict facial movements for 24 hours.
- Take paracetamol every 6 hours for 24 hours.
- Avoid makeup on the day of treatment.
- Don’t scrub your face vigorously for 48 hours after treatment.
- Sleep on your back for 1 night after treatment to minimise swelling.